- This event has passed.
Plant-Powered Women Leadership Conference – Sydney, Australia
March 17, 2018AUD57
Plant-Powered Women Leadership Conference Series – Sydney Saturday 17 March 2018 Events in other cities will be announced at a later date: Melbourne & Perth.
The Plant-Powered Women Leadership Conference Series is a first of its kind event for Australia.
It’s a series of one-day events featuring speakers and entertainers who are all vegan women.
The idea for this conference series was born after Kathy Divine published her #1 Amazon best-selling book Plant-Powered Women. Some of the women who were featured in the book will be speaking at the events. All guests in attendance will receive a complimentary copy of the book as part of the conference bag inclusions.
Please join us for a full day of inspiring talks by some of Australia’s top ethical leaders. It will be a jam-packed day of training to fully equip you with the confidence, knowledge and motivation you need to make a powerful and meaningful impact on the world.
Your ticket to the Plant-Powered Women Leadership Conference in Sydney includes:
* Full day access to talks by vegan women leaders. Speakers at the Sydney event include:
Ashley Avci – MC. Powerful interview with an Indigenous vegan woman discussing kangaroos (identity kept confidential for safety reasons)
Cassy Judychair. Trans awareness and fitness
Carolyn ‘Rap Attack’ Ienna. Intersectional veganism: the importance of supporting all social justice movements
Senator Lee Rhiannon. Life as a vegan woman in politics
Jasmijn De Boo. Principles, perseverance and popularity – what do leaders need
Bornali Borah. Navigating career transition: from corporate life to heart’s passion
Clare Mann. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. Powerful words to change hearts and minds.
Eve Nguyen. The savvy vegan powerhouse: Body, mind and spirit
Robyn Chuter. Five reasons to invest in your health
Anita Ahmadizadeh. Professionalizing the vegan movement
Tracie O’Keefe. Longevity in Business: How to stay in business for decades
Katrina Fox. How to get free media coverage for your business or cause
Biljana Josevska. Inspiring fellow spoonies and educating the rest
Cherie Tu. The power of social media to spread the vegan message
Catherine Kelaher. Saving animals – Creating change through liberation and storytelling
Ashleen Peace. Seeking adventure in adversity
Loren Lembke. Successfully juggling disability, single motherhood and running a vegan non-profit organisation and events
Bhavani Baumann. The vegan business pioneer life
Tenille Evans. Aligning work and ethics; the successful vegan transition of an established business
Anna Burr. Comedian
Tickets available here: https://ppwconference.ticketbud.com/sydney
Besides the awesome talks and entertainment, what else does your ticket include?
* A delicious vegan lunch and tea and coffee throughout the day
* A conference goodie bag, packed with product samples, discount vouchers and a copy of the book Plant-Powered Women.
* Lots of networking opportunities throughout the day. We have ensured the program allows ample time for everyone to get to know each other, both audience and speakers. Bring your business cards and expect to make great business connections and/or new friends. The venue has a beautiful break out room where we will be serving lunch and is a very relaxing environment to get to know new people.
This event will be life-changing for many people. It will give you the confidence, skills and connections you need to make a powerful, positive impact on the world.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do I need to be vegan to attend the event?
A: No, everyone is welcome
Q: Do I need to be a girl/woman to attend the event?
A: No, everyone is welcome.
Q: How do I get there?
A: You can drive and park at the venue (additional fees apply) or catch the train or bus. Circular Quay train station is a short walk and Wynyard train station is also close by.
Q: Can children attend?
A: Anyone over 12 years old is welcome to attend. Teens between 12-16 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Everyone attending the conference needs to buy a ticket.
If your children don’t want to attend the actual conference but you would like them with you at the venue, we have access to another room at the venue where we will set up a children’s activity room. All parents and/or caregivers need to be responsible for their own children. Please send an email to email@example.com if you require this.
Q: Is it an accessible venue?
A: Yes, there are wheelchair accessible bathroom facilities and the conference venue is accessible via the lift. The conference room and breakout (meal room) are next door to each other.
We are committed to ensuring equal access to the Plant-Powered Women’s Leadership conference and value diversity. If you feel you could benefit from participating but are not able to access the event or have concerns about attending, please reach out to our Community Development Consultant Anita Ahmadizadeh so that we can work on a solution together. Contact Anita via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship (free) tickets are available to students and those on low incomes. Please email email@example.com to apply for a scholarship ticket.
Why you should attend the Plant-Powered Women Leadership Conference;
1. It will be a powerful day of training to fully equip you with the confidence, knowledge and motivation you need to make a great and meaningful impact on the world.
2. There’s food included and it will be delicious. And all vegan. (naturally). Tea and coffee all day for those who love it too.
3. A conference goodie bag, packed with product samples, discount vouchers and a copy of the book Plant-Powered Women.
4. In between inspiring talks will be fun entertainment moments including a comedian or two and uplifting music, all brought to you by the many talented vegan women who are joining us on the day.
5. Lots of networking opportunities throughout the day. We have ensured the program allows ample time for everyone to get to know each other, both audience and speakers. Bring your business cards and expect to make great business connections and/or new friends. The venue has a beautiful break out room where we will be serving lunch and is a very relaxing environment to get to know new people.
This event is a big call to action. To all of the wonderfully talented and passionate individuals in the world: your time has come to become leaders within your communities. Join us for this powerful one-day training and use it as the moment you begin to envisage your future leadership role.
It’s time for the feminine to guide humanity towards a more compassionate, ethical future. Join us in transforming this world into one of peace, kindness and justice for all beings.
Together we are a mighty, unstoppable force for good.
This conference series is being presented by Kathy Divine and Australian Vegans Journal. For speaker announcements and other conference updates, follow us on Facebook.