- This event has passed.
Earthlings Experience UK
August 27, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm UTC+0
1. You will need Earthlings on your laptop or a documentary of your choice to make a difference
2. A mask (pref neutral). This is to attract attention to you so that people will see what you are showing and to remain anonymous so that you are representing any member of society, furthermore to keep Earthlings the focus by not speaking to encourage the viewer to investigate and draw on their own reactions alone.
3. Any public space ie. the underground, where you can draw on the idea of a shared experience and where intimacy can bring about connections.
4. A disclaimer, a label in clear bold writing somewhere on the laptop to say ‘WARNING: this footage contains graphic content. Footage taken from Earthlings.com’
5. Love heart shaped memo saying ‘EARTHLINGS.COM / ADAPTT.ORG’ that you give to someone only when you can see they are about to go and have made some sort of connection
6. Doing this in pairs is a good way to start with 1 person holding the laptop and 1 person holding a sign saying ‘watch the video to see why we are here’. If there are more of you then you can also pretend to be other people watching the footage to encourage people to watch
7. Show the truth. In Earthlings, starting fifteen mins in under the heading ‘food’ is the perfect place to start
8. Stay connected with who is watching and their responses to see them make the connections you want them to, this is inspiring work for an activist, and you’ll want to know when they’re about to go to give them a memo. If no-one is watching, then pick up on that and move to where somebody else will. This is on-the-go activism.
9. Do this in a busy place and you will draw many people
10. Enjoy the experience in being the change for yourself and so many others in planting the seed.