- This event has passed.
10th Chicago VeganMania – United States
October 13, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm CDTFree
Chicago VeganMania is a celebration of the dynamic vegan community in Chicago. We bring together the vegan restaurants and food companies, leaders and entrepreneurs, doctors and chefs, businesses and organizations, singers and dancers, and we put them in one big place to show them all off to the world.
Around 5,000 people attended our one-day event last year. Wow!
• Giant food court with over 20 food vendors!
• Our 24,000 square foot exhibit hall has room for over 80 more exhibitors!
• Leading luminaries of the vegan world give inspirational presentations in our Main Speaker Room and join together for insightful panel discussions in our Panel and Workshop Room.
• Top local and national chefs work their magic at our state-of-the-art Chef Demo Kitchen, all day!
• Local singer-songwriters and musical groups entertain attendees on the music stage in our Culture Café. There is time near the end of the day for open mic too! (original work only, please)
• Take some fun pics with friends to remember your day at the red carpet Premiere Photo Wall. There are props 🙂
We’re also working on some other new excitements to enhance your Chicago VeganMania 2018 experience.
The Broadway Armory is at 5917 North Broadway in Chicago’s Edgewater neighborhood, a few blocks from the lakefront about seven miles north of the Loop. The Armory is just two blocks north and two blocks west of the northern terminus of Lake Shore Drive. It’s also just steps away from the Thorndale Stop of the Red Line.
Bicycle: Bike racks: There are bike racks in the front of the Armory main entrance on Broadway and more across the street. There is also a fence to the north of the building.
Divvy: There is a Divvy station in front of the Armory, on Broadway near Thorndale.
Public Transportation: The L: The Thorndale stop of the Red Line is just a few steps away from the main entrance to the Armory.
If you’re coming from the northern suburbs, you can take the Yellow Line from Skokie or the Purple Line from Wilmette or Evanston to Howard Street where you can transfer to the Red Line. All other L train line connects to the Red Line downtown, and you can also get to the L from Metra.
Bus: The 36 Broadway stops right at the entrance of the Armory and several other bus lines travel nearby. Get bus and train maps and schedules at Transit Chicago or keep up with the latest bus schedules at CTA Bus Tracker.
Parking: Metered Parking: There is metered street parking all along Broadway. $2 per hour with a two-hour limit, so you’ll have to come out and periodically feed them or get the Park Chicago App. Meters accept credit cards and quarters.
Free Parking: There is non-permitted parking in the residential areas surrounding the Armory. Please keep in mind there are thousands of people attending Chicago VeganMania, and many of them are coming by car. If your goal is free parking you should come early or be prepared to spend time looking for parking and/or walking a few blocks.