- This event has passed.
AASA Adelaide 2017 Conference Australasian Animal Studies Association
July 3, 2017 - July 5, 2017
AASA: Australasian Animal Studies Association Conference 2017
University of Adelaide, Australia
Keynote speakers are:
* Professor James Serpell: Humane Ethics & Animal Welfare, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine
* Professor Colin Dayan: Humanities and Law, Vanderbilt University
* Associate Professor Annie Potts: Cultural Studies and English and co-director of New Zealand Centre for Human-Animal Studies (NZCHAS), University of Canterbury
* Professor Fiona Probyn-Rapsey: Humanities and Social Inquiry, University of Wollongong
* Professor Rachel Ankeny: History and Philosophy of Science, University of Adelaide
* Dr Dinesh Wadiwel, Sociology and Social Policy, University of Sydney
Increasingly, Animal Studies turns towards the question of intersections: where, how and why human and animal lives intersect. Intersectionality offers us a way to explore interconnectedness to advance our understanding of the complex ways we relate to and interact with other animals and each other.